get carey-ed away

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

...heaven's watering the flowers for me

it's been raining, and raining, and raining some more over the last few days.  every once in awhile there will be a small break in the clouds and the sun will attempt to make an appearance, proving that the sun is always shining...no matter how many clouds have rolled in.  but while the rain is here i'm going to sing in it.
i'm going to sing in the rain and see the Lord's provisions in it. 

where much of my rainy day was spent...at my desk.
a few weeks ago i planted literally a truck load of flowers. reagan reminded me that if was going to take the time and spend the money to create Longwood Gardens in my backyard, that i was going to need to faithfully water them...and that i did last week, i watered away everyday...and even employed child labor when i put 2 pitchers in the hands of my nieces and let them have some "fun" watering the flowers. but this week the rain set in and heaven has been watering my flowers for me.  so while the rain has kept us inside, has caused the bottom of my jeans to get sopping wet (one of my pet peeves), and limited the sunshine that my body is craving...when you are looking for the "bright" side you'll find it. and so here's to the bright side of this rainy day...the sheets got washed (love fresh sheets), lasagna got made, cards got written, podcast got listened to, customers were called, blog got created., and as i glance out my office window i'm realizing heaven washed my car too...sorry cloister...thank you jesus. what a lovely, rainy day :)

Ezekiel 34:26-27 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Carey! :) I'm happy to be leaving a comment on your first ever post on your first ever blog! You'll learn as you go....all about "blinging your blog" and making it a deeper expression of who you are. I'd love to have a coffee date with our laptops in hand....I don't know much, but I do love to blog! Enjoy this little place in your world....in our world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog! You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carey, i enjoyed reading your blog. funny i had the same thought about watering the flowers this week! i enjoyed your postive out look on life! blessing today!
    love,
    heather

    ReplyDelete