get carey-ed away

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Leftover Lasagna

i'm not a big fan of leftovers.  Here's my problem with cooking in the first place...after making the meal i barely feel like eating it.  i'm "over it" by the time the recipe has been read, the ingredients have been rounded up and i've managed to put something on the table.  and if it includes raw meat...just forget it. my appetite is nada.  i want to like to cook...i'll occasionally turn on rachael ray and pray for divine osmosis to happen through the television...turning me into the perky chef that can whip up a 30 minute meal that is "yummo".  it's never happened. maybe one day when i have the perfect custom kitchen, and have said my good-byes to big bertha (that's what i affectionately call my gas stove circa 1970) i'll flourish into a chef de cuisine.

...so despite my deficiencies in the kitchen i did prevail once this week when the lasagna i made was so tasty that we literally late every last piece.  we devoured all the leftovers...it was even more delicious the second and third time.  as i stood there today staring at the empty glass dish i was in awe.  i don't like throwing food out...but the truth of the matter is after one helping most of my cooking ends up in the trash.  i think we better stick with green vegetables this weekend after polishing off an entire 9x11 pan of carbohydrates this week.  i'm sure you all have lasagna recipes...it seems like it would be a family meal time staple. but just in case my lasagna happens to be really "special" :) i thought i would share my recipe.  and actually my recipe is really no recipe at all...it's just how i remember my mom making it.  so here's to a meal that turns into meals... (that sounded so rachael ray)




Leftover Lasagna (name derived from the fact that it's so good you'll eat the leftovers)
* cook lasagna noodles
* brown ground beef and add to spaghetti sauce (i just use sauce in a jar...surprise, surprise)
* LOTS OF cheese (cottage cheese, shredded mozzarella & parmesan)
* Now just layer- noodles, sauce, cheese and REPEAT
* Bake at 350 until it looks done :)

Delizioso ('deh-lee-tsee-OH-soh')

No comments:

Post a Comment